When it comes to reversing sun damage or smoothing deep wrinkles, there’s only so much your at-home skincare routine can do. No amount of Vitamin C or retinol can reverse the sands of time completely! If you’re looking for more intense treatments, a trip to your dermatologist might be your next best move.
If you do go the treatment route, it’s essential you maintain a good daytime and nighttime skincare regimen with dermatologist developed and approved formulas.
Not sure where to start? We’re here to help! Check out our guide on the most popular skincare procedures of 2022 and their essential aftercare routines.
BOTOX : What is Botox?
Botox is a muscle relaxer that temporarily “freezes” the muscles in your face. This causes them to relax, thus smoothing your skin and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Post-care for Botox
- Protect with SPF: Studies have found that up to 90% of the visible signs of aging (aka, fine lines and wrinkles) are due to sun damage. Which is why wearing a daily SPF with broad-spectrum protection is the best way to protect your Botox results.
- Consider Retinol: One of the most popular anti-aging ingredients in skincare, retinol is essential for helping your skin stay smooth, tight and toned well beyond your Botox treatment.
- Look for Hyaluronic Acid: Another way to extend your Botox results? Use a moisturizer with hyaluronic acid. It attracts and holds water to your skin to keep it plump and firm.
Mineral Creme SPF 50 – 100% mineral protection, luxurious feel, beautiful matte and natural finish
MD Revitalize Retinol Serum – Made with encapsulated retinol delivered in a moisturizing base for a super gentle, non-drying, non-irritating application, unlike typical retinols.
Daily Perfecting Moisturizer SPF 30 – Hyaluronic acid, antioxidants and broad-spectrum SPF provide all-day hydration and protection
LIP FILLER : What is lip filler?
Lip fillers are injectables, such as hyaluronic acid, fat or implants, used to give lips a fuller, plumper, more defined pout.
Post-care for lip fillers
- Protect with SPF: UV rays can be detrimental to achieving your desired results by interfering with healing, reducing the plump effect, irritating the injection points and even causing cold sores.
- Drench in moisture: Lip fillers don’t last forever, but you can keep up the appearance of plumper-looking lips by keeping them hydrated to the max!
Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm SPF 30 – Packed with shea, olive and avocado oils, a single swipe delivers extended all-day hydration, SPF 30 protection, plus the perfect sheer tint of color. Layer on the swipes for brighter, buildable color.
CHEMICAL PEEL : What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel causes the uppermost layers of skin to peel off, revealing a fresher, brighter complexion. It’s great for preventing acne, evening skin tone, helping to reduce fine lines, wrinkles and the effect of sun damage, plus removes dead skin cells to make way for more glowing skin.
Post-care for chemical peel
- Protect with SPF: Your will need extra SPF to protect your fresh new layer of skin. Go for a 100% mineral formula to ensure a gentler, irritation-free experience.
- Keep skin clean: Keep your fresh new layer of skin clean with a gentle cleanser that fully removes everything from your skin without stripping or irritating further.
- Fortify your skin barrier: Chemical peels don’t just peel away layers of skin, they also peel away your protective moisture barrier. Restore hydration with a moisturizer packed with hyaluronic acid, to attract and hold water to skin, and ceramides, which will rebuild a barrier to keep moisture in.
Mineral Tinted Creme SPF 30 – 100% mineral with a uniquely luxurious feel and a sheer-tinted finish to effortlessly disguise any redness
Wash Away One Step Cleanser – Ultra gentle, sulfate-free cleanser removes everything – even tougher buildup like waterproof mineral SPF – in a single wash without stripping. Skin’s left soft, supple and hydrated!
Daily Perfecting Moisturizer SPF 30 – Packed with SPF, hyaluronic acid and ceramides, it locks in all-day moisture for plumper, smoother, protected skin.
NOTE: These are general recommendations, please check with your dermatologist for any specific post-care recommendations based on your personal skin type and skin concerns. For any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org