Hands up if you wear SPF every single day—even in winter. Not that we’re doubting you, but studies show that only a mere 10% of Americans (you know who you are) wear sunscreen on hot and sunny days—not to mention wintery, gloomy, or chilly ones. Time to face facts: even if it’s cloudy out, don’t forget that crucial SPF step. Otherwise, you’re leaving your skin at risk for hyperpigmentation (dark spots), photoaging (wrinkles and fine lines), even melanoma. Sunscreen is not a suggestion, it’s a must 365 days a year.
Here's why you need to factor SPF into your daily routine.
- Ultra-violet (UV) rays can be just as damaging in winter months and dull days as scorching hot ones… you know, when it actually feels like your skin is burning. Truth is, that’s every day.
- Surprisingly (and shockingly) the ozone layer is thinner during winter, thus, allowing more harmful rays to damage your skin.
- Whether you’re a ski bunny, or just can’t avoid snow because of where you live, snow and ice reflect up to 90% of the sun’s rays—oh snow!
- Live in the Northern Hemisphere where winter feels cooler than summer? Don’t be fooled, you’re actually closer to the sun’s harmful rays in winter because of the earth’s tilt. Who knew!
Your Daily SPF checklist
- Apply to all exposed skin—even your lips
- Apply at least 20 minutes before stepping outside
- Apply to areas exposed to reflected UV rays—think under your chin, and bottom of your nose
- Reapply at least every 2 hours—more if sweating or swimming
- Apply no matter the weather (rain or shine) or time of year
- Apply even if “just driving” or sitting in a sunny “indoor” spot
We’ve got you covered—literally.
A silky-smooth formula that feels like cashmere on your skin. Not only does it provide broad-spectrum protection, it also leaves a true matte finish that gives your complexion an even natural look. Naturally derived zinc oxide helps reduce the risk of photo aging and skin cancer, while Vitamin C and natural antioxidants fight sun and free radical damage.
A silky, luxurious mineral formula that provides broad-spectrum protection, blends effortlessly into all skin tones and leaves you with a smooth, filter-like finish. Infused with powerful antioxidants + skin smoothing ingredients like Vitamin C and E, green tea, cranberry fruit and pomegranates for a youthful healthy-looking glow.
A must-have daily dose of lightweight hydration, broad-spectrum protection, antioxidants and nourishing ingredients, all in one. Dermatologist developed and recommended SPF hydration to keep you protected AM-PM while also giving your skin an ultra-dewy youthful glow.
On-the-go must-have that glides on flawlessly (without any white residue) to deliver powerful mineral (SPF 40) protection. Perfect for backpacks, gym bags or handbags, this lightweight essential is water resistant up to 80 minutes and gentle enough for the whole family—even kids 6 months and older.
This gentle, unscented and water-resistant mineral sunscreen stick is perfect for children’s delicate skin and provides powerful broad spectrum protection in a grab-and-go stick. It glides on smoothly, quickly and easily and feels great on little faces.So, now you know why SPF truly is essential year-round. Make it a part of your daily routine and commit to daily SPF!