When it comes to selecting the best skincare routine, there are so many things to consider. At MDSolarSciences, we stand behind our science backed formulas that were developed by dermatologists and continue to be recommended by some of the top skincare experts in the country. What we also love, is that some of the hottest ingredients in skincare right now are all in our formulas: Niacinamide, Retinol, Aloe, Tea Tree oil, Ceramides (to name a few)!
To achieve skin wellness, and make sure you are selecting the best products to fit into your morning or night routine, let’s look at some of the most common skin concerns. Keep in mind that if you have a specific question, you can always reach out to our Customer Service team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regardless of your skin type or concern, first consider adding these 3 important steps into your skincare routine:
1) Take time to care for your skin at night to help it rebuild overnight. These 5-10 minutes are a great investment into how your skin will look the next day and for years to come.
2) Wear sun protection every day – even inside! It should be Broad Spectrum and ideally Water Resistant.
3) In general, stay away from synthetic fragrances that can be irritating.
If you have DRY SKIN
- MD Restore Eye Gel - Rich in peptides and antioxidants. It also contains caffeine and Niacinamide, these will help reduce the appearance of puffiness, dark circles and fine lines! It penetrates quickly, delivers a hydrating and calming formula to the sensitive eye area for a refreshed look in the morning. Apply with your ring finger. If you don’t already do that, it will be a game changer. It’s your weakest finger, it’s the perfect amount of pressure for that area.
- MD Revitalize Retinol Serum - Lightweight and moisturizing, with just the right mix of retinol, Niacinamide and Aloe. It will help improve the texture of your skin over time. You only need one full pump for your face.
- Make sure you seal this with your favorite heavy-duty moisturizer so your skin can reload overnight.
- The next morning, cleanse again. Apply your morning routine and finish with the Daily Perfecting Moisturizer SPF 30, rich in antioxidants, peptides and calming ingredients. It has a lightweight texture, its mix of time-released moisturizers and humectants will keep your skin hydrated all day. Works great as a primer.
If you have SENSITIVE SKIN
The keywords here are gentle ingredients but effective formulas!
- MD Restore Eye Gel – rich in peptides and antioxidants. It delivers a hydrating and calming formula to the sensitive eye area for a refreshed look in the morning. Make sure you apply it with your ring finger. It can be used morning and night.
- MD Mineral BB Créme SPF 50 – it’s important to protect sensitive skin from the sun and use a sunscreen that is SPF 30 or higher. For Sensitive skin, we recommend using a mineral sunscreen, less likely to irritate the skin. Our Mineral Beauty Balm SPF 50 is a game changer, recently named one of the top 12 best BB creams of the summer by Allure! It has an incredible whipped texture, comes in several shades and is perfect as a primer. It’s also great on its own with a little blush, and lip color for a natural makeup look.
If you have OILY SKIN
One of the biggest misconception is that oily skin does not need to be moisturized…
- MD Revitalize Retinol Serum – it contains encapsulated retinol at a concentration that is just below prescription strength (.75). If you’re concerned about using Retinol, start in stages (2 nights a week and building up over the course of 3-4 weeks). Keep in mind that you don’t need to use a lot of product, use a ‘pump worth’ of serum and pat it over your face. We love to use the Korean skincare technique where you pat the serum in using your hands spread out on each side of your face.
- Make sure you seal this with your favorite moisturizer and let Retinol do its work.
- In the morning, on cleansed skin and after your daily routine, use the Daily Perfecting Moisturizer SPF 30, rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C, peptides and calming ingredients. It has a lightweight texture and penetrates quickly leaving a matte finish.
If you are looking for ANTI AGING skincare
Our formulas all contain a combination of antioxidants, repair and calming ingredients that work together to help reduce the signs of aging, most often caused by sun damage.
Check out our blog ‘Ingredients with Intentions’ to read about the specific benefits behind all the ‘superfoods’ that make up our formulas.